Oculus Connect 5 Registration Now Open, First 18 Tech Talks Revealed
Image courtesy of: Oculus
The fifth annual Oculus Connect developer conference, OC5, is set to take place September 26th-27th in San Jose, California at the McEnery Convention Center. For those planning to attend OC5, Oculus has announced that registration for its big event is now officially open.
This year, Oculus’ annual developer conference is shaping up to be the biggest Oculus Connect to date, where the industries top developers, engineers, and creators from around the world will gather to explore new ideas, learn about cutting-edge technological advancements, and inspire others to help shape the future of virtual reality.
Below is an initial look at the first 18 talks that are scheduled to take place during the two-day event covering a wide range of in-depth subjects such as design, distribution and the technical side of VR development—including porting content to the upcoming ‘Santa Cruz’ standalone headset and the latest advances in the Oculus Rift PC SDK.
- Advances in the Oculus Rift PC SDK with Volga Aksoy, Oculus Software Engineer + Dean Beeler, Oculus Software Engineer
- Blood, Sweat, and Tears: A Tale of VR Esports with Christopher K. McKelvy, Oculus Head of Esports
- Bootstrapping Social VR with John Bartkiw, Oculus Platform Engineering Manager
- Building Brand + Community (On a Budget) with Lisa Brown Jaloza, Oculus Tech Comms Manager
- Evolving Stormland: How Insomniac Draws from the Past to Create an Open-World Structure in VR with Mike Daly, Insomniac Games Lead Designer + Duncan Moore, Insomniac Games Principal Designer
- Fireside Chat: Tender Claws with Samantha Gorman, Tender Claws Co-Founder + Ichha Arora, Oculus Associate Producer
- The Hierarchy of Being: Embodying Our Virtual Selves with Isabel Tewes, Oculus Developer Relations Specialist + Yelena Rachitsky, Oculus Executive Producer
- How To: Driving Discovery and Engagement Across the Rift Platform with Lucy Chen, Oculus Product Manager
- Integrating Locomotion in Unity, Unreal, and Native Engines with Tom Heath, Oculus Developer Relations Software Engineer + Luke Thompson, Director of Sigtrap Games
- Need to Know: Oculus Content Policies and App Review Standards with Debbie Rosenbaum, Oculus Lead Counsel + Ashley Woolheater, Oculus Public Policy Manager
- Oculus Lipsync SDK: Audio to Facial Animation with Elif Albuz, Facebook Computer Vision Engineering Manager
- On Creative Development for Emerging Platforms with Ruth Bram, Oculus Studios Associate Producer + Robin Hunicke, Funomena Co-Founder
- Porting Your App to Project Santa Cruz with Gabor Szauer, Oculus Developer Relations Engineer
- Preparing Your App for Launch with Phil Greenspan, Oculus Developer Strategy Specialist
- Real-World Immersion You Can Hear: Advances in the Audio SDK with Pete Stirling, Oculus Audio Software Engineer + Tom Smurdon, Oculus Audio Design Manager
- Reinforcing Mobile Performance with RenderDoc with Remi Palandri, Oculus Software Engineer
- Using Deep Learning to Create Interactive Actors for VR with Kevin He, DeepMotion CEO
- Video That Doesn’t Suck: Stereo (scopic) 3D-180° for VR with Eric Cheng, Oculus Head of Immersive Media
To register and attend Oculus Connect 5, be sure to visit the official Oculus Connect website for more details.