Oculus Announces Connect 2 Developer Conference Schedule
Image courtesy of: Oculus
Today, Oculus VR announced the full line-up of speakers and presentations scheduled for its second annual developers’ conference, Oculus Connect 2, which is set to take place in place on September 23-25th 2015, at the Loews Hollywood Hotel in Hollywood, CA.
Throughout the three-day conference event, attendees will have access to more than 30 talks and workshops from leading VR developers and veteran engineers discussing the latest trends and innovations in virtual reality, as well as, insider details on all the latest information related to the Oculus Rift, and the Gear VR.
At this year’s Connect 2, Oculus CEO Brendan Iribe will be kicking things off with an opening keynote at 10:00am (PST) that is expected to reveal some of the latest updates on the consumer version of the Oculus Rift, Touch, and Samsung Gear VR. Followed by Oculus chief scientist, Michael Abrash, offering deep insight into how the Oculus Research team is laying the groundwork for the future of virtual reality.
Then, of course, Oculus CTO John Carmack will take the stage for one of his in-depth signature discussions about the “technical details, challenges, and future plans for mobile VR development.” If you’re a VR developer be sure to take notes because you don’t want to miss this one.
Below are a few of the sessions scheduled for this year’s Oculus Connect 2 event:
- Building ‘Toybox’ for Oculus Touch with Matt Alderman, Controller Software Tech Lead and Brandon Dillon, Social Content Lead, Oculus
- Maximizing Performance for Mobile with Chris Pruett, Developer Relations Engineer, Oculus
- Making Great VR: Lessons Learned from ‘I Expect You To Die’ with Jesse Schell, CEO of Schell Games
- The Early Days of VR Game Design: Lessons Learned with Jason Rubin, Head of Studios, Oculus
- Virtual Reality is a Medium: Creating Art with Oculus Touch with Lydia Choy, Technical Art Director and Brian Sharp, Engineering Manager, Oculus
- Being There: Designing Standing VR Experiences with Tracked Controllers with Alex Schwartz, CEO, Owlchemy Labs and Devin Reimer, CTO, Owlchemy Labs
- Shipping Your Content on the Oculus Store with Anna Sweet, Head of Developer Strategy, and Jason Holtman, Head of Publishing, Oculus
- 3D Audio: Designing Sounds for VR with Tom Smurdon, Audio Content Lead, Oculus
- Shipping Hardware: The Evolution of the Rift with Caitlin Kalinowski, Head of Product Design, and Stephanie Lue, Head of Hardware Program Management, Oculus
- Live Coding Session with John Carmack, CTO, Oculus
For the complete schedule and details of each session at the event, you can find the information on the official Oculus Connect website.