Oculus Connect 6 Registration Now Officially Open
Image courtesy of: Oculus
The sixth annual Oculus Connect developer conference, OC6, is scheduled to take place on September 25th-26th in San Jose, California at the McEnery Convention Center. For those planning to attend OC6, Oculus has announced that registration for its most anticipated event of the year is now open.
This year, Oculus’ annual developer conference (OC6) will be the first Connect since the launch of the Oculus Quest and Rift S, and it promises to highlight the beginning of a new chapter of virtual and augmented reality. The two-day event will feature a wide range of in-depth developer sessions, keynotes, panels, appearances from industry AR/VR leaders, and will showcase plenty of new immersive VR content for the Oculus platform, including the first hands-on playable demo of Respawn Entertainment’s ‘AAA first-person combat title’ created in partnership with Oculus Studios.
“Whether you’re building immersive experiences for consumers or businesses, at OC6 you’ll discover cutting-edge innovations, hear best practices to develop imaginative new worlds, and learn how to effectively distribute your work to a growing audience,” Oculus wrote in a company blog post.
Below is an initial look at some of the developer sessions and panels that are scheduled to take place at year’s event:
- The 3Ds of Immersive Media: Discover, Design, Distribute with Eric Cheng, Immersive Media Lead, Facebook; Asad Sheth, Product Manager, Facebook; Abesh Thakur, Product Manager, Facebook
- Bridge Virtual and Real Worlds with AR with Matt Hanson, Spark AR Product Design Manager, Facebook
- Career-Connected Curriculum for Tomorrow’s AR/VR Developers with Cindy Ball, AR/VR Policy Manager, Facebook (Moderator); Justin Rogers, Software Engineer, Facebook
- Creating VR for Everyone: Accessibility and Inclusion in a Virtual Space with Allison Lee, Developer Program Manager, Facebook (Moderator)
- Designing for Emotion: The Space Where Stories and Games Meet with Yelena Rachitsky, Executive Producer, Facebook
- From Demo to Pilot to Deployment: Getting Buy-In for Enterprise VR with Tina Tran, Developer Partnerships, Facebook (Moderator)
- The More Things Change: How Trends in VR Apply to Quest with Deborah Guzman Barrios, Developer Strategy, Facebook; Rade Stojsavljevic, Head of Content Strategy, Facebook
- Oculus for Business: Scalable, Professional, Secure with Matt Terrell, Product Manager, Facebook; Isabel Tewes, Product Manager, Facebook
- Safety By Design: How to Bake Safety and People into Product Development with Sarah Ryan, Policy Associate, Facebook; Lindsay Young, Product Manager, Facebook
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered: Success on the Oculus Store with Bruce Wooden, Content Launch Manager, Facebook (Moderator); Lisa Brewster, Oculus Store Manager, Facebook; Richard Duck, Store Operations Manager, Facebook; Mari Kyle, Content Launch Manager, Facebook; Chris Pruett, Director of Content Ecosystem, Facebook
- Technological Tethers: How AR + VR Connect Us to the World with Lisa Brown Jaloza, Technology Communications Manager, Facebook (Moderator)
- Women in AR/VR Research with Tara Franz, UX Researcher, Facebook; Ayfer Gokalp, UX Researcher, Facebook
To register and attend Oculus Connect 6, be sure to visit the official Oculus Connect website for more details.