Oculus Mobile SDK 0.6.0 is Now Available to Developers
Image courtesy of: Oculus
Oculus released the latest version of its software development kit, Oculus Mobile SDK version 0.6.0 for the Samsung Gear VR, available now for download directly from the Oculus VR website.
The new Mobile SDK 0.6.0 features several major changes, and improvements to the VRLib structure, native app interface, and development workflow that will allow for more efficient, and optimized performance when creating mobile VR content for the Gear VR.
According to the changelog, some of the latest new features, and enhancements in Oculus Mobile SDK 0.6.0 update include:
- Improved frame prediction, in particular for Unity
- Leaving the CPU clock unlocked until the application starts rendering frames to make application loading/resuming faster
- Improved Performance Metrics via Logcat
- Improved Android Activity and Android Surface life cycle handling
- Fixed volume bar not showing on first click of the volume adjustment
- Gaze Cursor now disappears when looking away from Attribution menu
- Added OS X input mappings
- Automatic caching of files extracted from apk
- Removed additional frame of latency between synthesis and display
- Fixed playback control reorienting screen in Void theater when user clicks on controls when they’re off the screen on portrait videos
- Fixed Favorites button not creating Favorites folder
For a more detailed list of changes, bug fixes, and new features integrated into the Mobile SDK 0.6.0 check out the changelog available on the Oculus VR website.