Over a Dozen New Sessions Revealed for Oculus Connect 5
Image courtesy of: Oculus
The fifth annual Oculus Connect developer conference, OC5, is now less than a month away, and it’s shaping up to be Oculus’ biggest and most inspiring developer conference yet. From September 26th-27th developers, creators, and industry leaders from around the world will gather to collaborate and share new ideas to push the VR industry forward.
Last month, Oculus unveiled its first round of 18 tech talks scheduled to take place during the two-day event. Now, with OC5 quickly approaching, the company has announced over a dozen additional sessions, lightning talks, and panels featuring speakers from Oculus, Facebook, Unity, and more.
Check the official blog post for full descriptions of each session scheduled to take place at OC5:
- Authentically Us: Providing a Platform for Unrepresented Voices in VR with Paula Cuneo, Oculus Partner and Strategic Marketing Director; Shannon Scott, US Air Force Veteran; Jesse Ayala, Fovrth Studios Filmmaker; + Jeremiah Allen, Pride Foundation Project Director
- Breaking the Story: Emergent Narrative from Shared Experiences with Colum Slevin, Oculus Head of Experiences
- Creative Ways to Get More Eyes on Your App with Caitlin Bigham, Oculus Ecosystems Manager; Peter Howell, Lucifer’s Mask Developer; Tess McCrea Martov Producer; Lucas Rizzotto, Where Thoughts Go Creator
- Developing Different Genres in VR: Learnings from the Edge of Reality with Martin De Ronde, Force Field Creative Director
- The Future of Home for Rift: Developer + Roadmap Updates with Brandon Dillon, Oculus Rift Product Manager; Lizzy Donahue, Oculus Software Engineer; + Nancy Xiao, Oculus Product Manager
- Medium and Quill for Prototyping with Speakers TBA
- The Next Generation of Storytelling with Immersive 6DOF Capture with Brian Cabral, Facebook Engineering Director
- Oculus Avatars: Maximizing Social Presence, Part II with Mike Howard, Oculus Product Manager
- Oculus Go Content Panel: Success for Mass Market VR with Tina Tran, Oculus Developer Relations Specialist; Paul Raphaël, Felix & Paul Studios Co-Founder; Anthony Matchett, MelodyVR founder; + Melissa Swanepoel, FarBridge Producer
- React 360 + Oculus Browser: Uniting the Web with VR with Andrew Mo, Oculus Mobile Product Manager
- Unlock the Visual Potential of VR Using Unity’s Scriptable Render Pipeline with Brad Weiers, Unity AR/VR Technical Product Manager
- UX Research in VR with Tara Franz, Oculus UX Researcher; Brian Espinosa, Oculus Hardware Researcher; James Lin, Oculus Research Scientist
- VR for Everyone: Lessons for Building Compelling Social VR Experiences with Mike Booth, Facebook Social VR Creative Director; Cecile Eskenazi, Facebook Product Manager; Mike LeBeau, Facebook Product Manager; Cody Sumter, Facebook Product Manager
OC5 is set to take place September 26th-27th in San Jose, California at the McEnery Convention Center. To register and attend Oculus Connect 5, be sure to visit the official Oculus Connect website for more details.