Rift SI Version 1.27 Now Rolling Out to Oculus Public Test Channel
Image courtesy of: Oculus
Oculus has announced that its Rift SI version 1.27 is now rolling out to its Public Test channel, which is a pre-release version of the software that users can opt-in to and test out ahead of the full public rollout.
With the release of Rift SI version 1.27, comes various stability and performance improvements, along with some helpful new updates to the Oculus Rift platform—such as improved desktop app search functionality, new Dash contextual menus, and an enhanced notification system based on activity. There is also a new uncommon item in Home that supports a sneak preview of an exciting upcoming feature inspired by the community.
Below are the full change notes for the Rift SI version 1.27:
Oculus Desktop App
- Updates to search, including experimentation of a new results page to browse, sort, and filter results.
- Improved Library management with new options for sorting and filtering. We’ve also updated hiding functionality so it’s now persistent across the desktop app.
- Improved notification system, including experimentation of new notifications for friend activity and content updates.
Rift Core 2.0 Beta
- New overlay UI shows the distance and scale of Dash panels as you position them with the thumbstick.
- Added various stability improvements.
- There’s an uncommon item in Home that now supports a sneak preview of an upcoming feature inspired by the community.
If you’re participating in Oculus’ Public Test channel, the company encourages all users to share their feedback and suggestions through the Rift Core UserVoice Group, and report any bugs via the in-app reporting tool.