Judges Announced for the Oculus Mobile VR Jam 2015
Image courtesy of: Oculus
The upcoming Oculus Mobile VR Jam 2015 starting on April 13th, is set to challenge developers to create the most innovative, immersive mobile VR games and experiences for the Samsung Gear VR headset, which Samsung developed in partnership with Oculus.
A total of $1 million in cash prizes is up for grabs amongst eligible developers, with the top winner being awarded $200,000 for best VR game and $100,000 awarded for best VR app/experience.
Today, Oculus announced the Mobile VR Jam 2015 judging panel comprised of a world-class lineup of VR and game industry veterans that will judge the finalists. The Mobile VR Jam 2015 judge panel includes:
- Palmer Luckey – Founder of Oculus VR and inventor of the Oculus Rift
- John Carmack – Chief Technology Officer at Oculus VR
- Robin Hunicke – co-founder and CEO of Funomena
- Lydia Choy – Engineer at Oculus VR
- Brad Herman – co-founder and CEO of DreamLab
- Caitlyn Meeks-Ferragallo – co-founder and Manager of the Unity Asset Store
- Laralyn McWilliams – Chief Creative Officer at The Workshop Entertainment
- Nick Whiting – Lead Programmer at Epic Games
- Caryl Shaw – Executive Producer at Telltale Games
- Jeremy Gibson – Founder of ExNinja Interactive
Any developers that want to participate in the Oculus Mobile VR Jam 2015, must make sure they meet all Milestone deadlines on time and submit all necessary materials required to be eligible. For more details on submission requirements, and to sign-up for the event check out the official competition page on ChallengePost.