Oculus Mobile SDK 0.5.0 is Now Available to Developers
Image courtesy of: Samsung
Developers looking to get the latest Oculus Mobile Software Development Kit (SDK) for the Samsung Gear VR, can now download it directly from the Oculus VR website.
Oculus recently released the Mobile SDK version 0.5.0 with a number of enhancements just in time for the upcoming Mobile VR Jam set to begin on April 13th, 2015 with $1,000,000 cash in awards and prizes for the best new VR games, apps, and experiences.
According to the changelog, some of the tweaks and new features in the Oculus Mobile SDK 0.5.0 update include:
- Compatible with the Samsung GALAXY S6
- Universal Menu has been removed from VrLib, and is now part of Oculus System Activities application
- Mobile Unity Integration has been synced with the Oculus PC SDK 0.5.0.1 Beta
- VrPlatform entitlement checking is now disabled by default in Unity
- Local preferences are now allowed in Developer Mode
- Adds Oculus Remote Monitor support
- Cinema UI reworked using new UI components
- Fixed playback controls reorienting screen in void theater when user clicks on controls when they are off the screen on portrait videos
- Default eye height and interpupillary distance have been changed to conform to the default values used by the PC SDK
For a more detailed list of changes, and new features integrated into the Mobile SDK 0.5.0 check out the changelog available on the Oculus VR website.