Oculus Connect 3 Registration Now Open, starting $199 for Early Bird Pass
Image courtesy of: Oculus
For those planning to attend this year’s third annual developer conference, Oculus Connect 3, registration for the big event is currently underway. OC3 registration officially opened earlier this week, as Oculus prepares to deliver one of its highly-anticipated events of the year for developers and VR enthusiasts from around the world.
This year’s Oculus Connect 3 is set to take place at the San Jose McEnery Convention Center located in Downtown San Jose, California—from October 5th-7th. As expected, Oculus Connect 3 will bring the industry’s top developers, engineers, and creators together to share the latest in virtual reality technology and techniques for developing immersive VR content. The event will feature more than 50+ technical talks, hands-on demos, and a lineup of signature keynotes from Oculus CEO Brendan Iribe, CTO John Carmack, and Chief Scientist Michael Abrash.
According to Oculus, the lineup of in-depth discussions and workshops at the event will range across five tracks, including:
- Design — Explore early lessons of VR game design with our Oculus Studios team and top developers such as High Voltage Software, Tripwire Interactive, OZWE Games, and more. Learn about breakthroughs for FPS in VR, how to design games with hand presence for Touch, and best practices for cross-platform compatibility.
- Development — Get hands-on training for how to build the world’s best VR applications, from tutorials covering the latest Oculus Mobile and PC SDKs, to workshops on top game engines including Unity and Unreal.
- Business — From ideation and raising funds, to launching your first experience on the Oculus Store, we’ll bring experts together from across the VR community to discuss how developers of all sizes can find success in the evolving VR ecosystem.
- Experiences — Learn VR and 360 video production techniques from the teams that brought you Henry, Nomads: Maasai, LeBron James: Striving for Greatness, and more. Explore the endless possibilities for VR across 360 video, film, art, and education.
- Social — From personalized avatars to connecting with real people in virtual worlds, learn how to add deeper levels of immersion to your VR experiences through memorable multiplayer interactions.
To attend Oculus Connect 3, be sure to submit your application on the OC3 website by August 19th at 11:59pm (PST) for consideration. Early bird passes start at $199 for those registering prior to September 9th, with regular passes priced at $299. Student/academic passes are also available for current students and faculty priced at $99.
For more information on OC3 and the latest updates, check out the official Oculus Connect website for more details.