Oculus Mobile VR Jam 2015 Officially Begins Today
Image courtesy of: Oculus
Today, the Oculus Mobile VR Jam is officially underway with a total of $1 million in cash prizes. Developers are challenged with the task to create unique, and innovative virtual reality games and experiences for the Samsung Gear VR mobile headset, which Samsung developed in partnership with Oculus.
Recently, Oculus announced a lineup of world-class VR and game industry veterans to judge the competition—which includes Oculus VR founder Palmer Luckey, and legendary game developer and Oculus CTO John Carmack.
To be eligible for the Mobile VR Jam 2015 event, all entrants must hit the necessary Milestones and submission requirements listed below to avoid being disqualified from the competition:
Milestone 1 Submission: The Pitch – Due by 4/20 9:00 am (PT)
- Initial description of your project
- Images that show concepts or planning
- Entrant type selection: Organization, Team, or Individual
- Track selection: “Game” or “App or Experience”
- Game Engine selection: Unity, Unreal, or Other/Undecided
- If entering as a Team, enter all team members’ ChallengePost ID’s
- Oculus account email address required for each person
- (optional) Video embedded from YouTube or Vimeo (5 min max)
Following Milestone 1, we will email the terms of this competition to each individual, organization, or each person on a team. If these terms are not electronically signed within 4 days, you will be disqualified.
Milestone 2 Submission: Screenshots – Due by 4/27 9:00 am (PT)
- Screenshot(s) of your “Game” or “App or Experience”
- Updated description and track
- (optional) Video of current build embedded from YouTube or Vimeo
Milestone 3 Submission: Video – Due by 5/4 9:00 am (PT)
- Video of current “Game” or “App or Experience” running
- Updated screenshots, description, and track
Milestone 4 Submission: Final Build – Due by 5/11 9:00 am (PT)
- Upload your final APK, and post the link to your globally-signed build
- Updated video, screenshots, description, and track
We look forward to see what new, creative ideas developers will present during this year’s Mobile VR Jam. Winners of the Mobile VR Jam 2015 are expected to be announced in early June. For more details check out the main competition page for official rules.